A product designer the world believes in - NaotoFukasawa.
A leading authority in advertising photography; a man who captures air on film - Tamotsu Fujii.
Product designer Naoto Fukasawa unfailingly designs shapes to meet people's expectations. His unique efforts to determine the "outline of things" from people's unconscious are gathering attention worldwide. Advertising photography expert Tamotsu Fujii superbly depicts outlines blending into light and air.
The "outline of design", something obvious yet invisible, emerges through the efforts of these two men. This exhibition, including 100 products designed by Naoto Fukasawa and some 70 photographs taken by Tamotsu Fujii over 4 years, is something never attempted before - an exhibition revealing what everyone has sought... the "outline of design".
- 2009. 10. 16 (Fri) → 2010. 1. 31 (Sun)
（Except 2009.12.28 → 2009.1.2)
- Opening hours：
- 11:00 - 20:00 (Entrance until 19:30) Closed on Tuesdays
- General ¥1,000 / University students ¥800 / High and Junior high school students ¥500/ Ages 12 and under may enter for free.
※¥200 discount for groups of over 15 people
- 21_21 DESIGN SIGHT (Tokyo Midtown Garden)
- 5 min. walk from Roppongi station on the Toei Oedo Line / Tokyo Metro Hibiya Line and Nogizaka station on the Tokyo Metro Chiyoda Line
- Exhibition Design：
- Naoto Fukasawa, Tamotsu Fujii
- Graphic Design：
- Takayuki Soeda
- 21_21 DESIGN SIGHT, THE MIYAKE ISSEY FOUNDATION
- In Association with：
- Agency for Cultural Affairs;
Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry;
Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany,
Embassy of Italy, Minato City,
Italian Trade Commission,
Japan Industrial Design Promotion Organization
- Special Sponsor：
- Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd.
- Supported by：
- KDDI CORPORATION, KVK CORPORATION,
MARUNI WOOD INDUSTRY INC., ONAO CO.,LTD.,
Panasonic Electric Works Co., Ltd.,
SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD., Shachihata Inc.
- Special cooperation：
- Canon Marketing Japan Inc., Hachette Fujingaho Co., Ltd.
- Cooperation for Exhibition Lighting：
- MAXRAY Inc.
- In cooperation with：
- Artemide S.p.A., Artemide Japan K.K., B&B Italia S.p.A.,
Boffi, C. Josef Lamy GmbH, DANESE S.r.l., DHJ Co.,LTD,
DKSH Japan K.K., driade, MAGIS spa, MAGIS Japan Co.Ltd.,
Photobition Japan K.K., PLUS MINUS ZERO CO., LTD.,
Ryohin Keikaku Co., Ltd., Seiko Instruments Inc.,
THONET GmbH, Vitra AG, World Good Design Kyoto Corporation,
Yamagiwa Corporation, more trees Inc. (in random order)