Notice of termination of advance reservation system
Exhibition "traNslatioNs - Understanding Misunderstanding" at Gallery 1 & 2 will not require advance reservations from November 18, 2020.
Gallery 3 admission will depend on the program. Please confirm on the related program pages.
We will continue to take measures to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus. We would appreciate your understanding and cooperation with the following guidelines in terms of your visiting.
* Depending on the circumstances, we may change the way to enter our facility and content of the exhibitions.
1. Body temperature check upon visiting
Upon arriving at 21_21 DESIGN SIGHT, visitors will be measured their temperatures by staff using non-contact thermometers. If a visitor exhibits a temperature of 37.5°C or above, neither he / she will be allowed to enter the facility. Please take note of this beforehand.
2. Requests to visitors of 21_21 DESIGN SIGHT
- If you or anyone close to you have experienced symptoms such as fever, throat pain, coughs, excessive fatigue, trouble breathing, or any other such symptoms, or if you or your companions have been seen by a doctor and/or been prescribed medications within the past two weeks for fever or cold symptoms, please refrain from visiting 21_21 DESIGN SIGHT.
- If you or anyone close to you has visited one of the restricted countries / areas / regions designated by the Immigration Act within the past 14 days, please refrain from visiting 21_21 DESIGN SIGHT.
- Please cooperate by disinfecting your hands and fingers using alcohol-based disinfectant and by washing your hands thoroughly with soap.
- Please wear a face mask.
- Groups of over 15 people will only be allowed to visit if we are contacted and scheduled in advance. For the time being, we will only accept groups on weekdays.
- New membership applications and membership renewals are currently suspended.
- You may not enter only the shop spaces.
- You may not reenter the venue.
- For members of the press, please refer to the PRESS page and contact us in advance.
3. Other efforts
- At the entrances we have alcohol-based hand disinfectant in place.
- The staff frequently disinfect their hands and fingers. If any member of staff exhibits symptoms of a cold or has a fever, they are not permitted to work.
- Staff who deal with visitors will wear masks.
- With the exception of large pieces of luggage such as carrier bags, we have implemented constraints on luggage that we look after.
- We no longer lend out writing implements / stationery.
- The handrails, door handles, elevator buttons, and other items which many people touch are cleaned and disinfected frequently.
- Depending upon how crowded it is, we may restrict the number of entrants.
- Within the facility and surrounding areas, we may remind you to keep distance among other visitors.