21_21 DESIGN SIGHT holds Exhibition "Design Ah!" from February 2013. It takes the educational program "Design Ah!" on NHK educational channel one step further into an exhibition.
The exhibition theme is "Design Mind." Along with clairvoyance and creativity, the physical ability to unconsciously determine the adequacy of the things around us is an integral element for carrying on with our daily lives. Here, we call the capabilities honed by these two aspects as the "Design Mind."
As we enter an age of instant access to giant pools of information, how we go beyond passiveness and willingly feel, choose, and broaden our minds toward the things that matter in our lives is becoming an issue of ever-greater importance. This is also an indication of the need for every one of us to nurture a prosperous Design Mind.
To foster a Design Mind among our children of tomorrow. And for adults too, to foster a Design Mind while holding on to receptiveness. This exhibition introduces many ideas for fostering a Design Mind through works that visitors can experience with their entire body by using audio and footage.
This exhibition is directed by Taku Satoh, general director of NHK educational channel "Design Ah!" along with Yugo Nakamura and Keigo Oyamada also involved in the program. Please enjoy experiencing this exhibition for children and adults alike in today's age when the world's eyes focus on the potential of design education.
- 21_21 DESIGN SIGHT Exhibition "Design Ah!"
- February 8 - June 2, 2013
- Tuesdays (Except April 30)
- 10:30-20:00 (Entrance until 19:30)
*May 25, May 26, June 1, June 2, 2013 9:00-20:00 (Entrance until 19:30)
- General ¥1,000 / University Student ¥800 / High and Junior High School Student ¥500 / Ages 12 and under may enter for free
*¥200 discount for a group of over 15 people
*With a certification of disability, admission is free as well as that of an accompanying care-giver.
Click here for more discount information
- 21_21 DESIGN SIGHT
- Organized by:
- 21_21 DESIGN SIGHT, THE MIYAKE ISSEY FOUNDATION, NHK Educational
- In association with:
- Agency for Cultural Affairs; Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry
- Special Sponsor:
- Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd.
- Sponsored by:
- Taku Satoh Design Office Inc.
- Supported by:
- amana inc., amana images inc., Canon Inc., Canon Marketing Japan Inc., JAPAN MATERIAL Co.,Ltd., BenQ Japan Co., Ltd., MAXRAY INC., YAMAHA CORPORATION (in random order)
- Exhibition Directors:
- Taku Satoh, Yugo Nakamura, Keigo Oyamada
- Participating Artists:
- Yosuke Abe (tha ltd.), Tomohiro Okazaki, Hisato Ogata (takram design engineering), Origata Design Institute, studio note, Perfektron, plaplax, Etsuko Yamada (Musubi) (in random order)
- Graphic Design:
- Rikako Hayashi (Taku Satoh Design Office)
- Space Design Support:
- Lui Igarashi
- 21_21 DESIGN SIGHT Directors:
- Issey Miyake, Taku Satoh, Naoto Fukasawa
- Associate Director:
- Noriko Kawakami
Above information may change without notice.