21_21 DESIGN SIGHT holds "AUDIO ARCHITECTURE" Exhibition from June 29, 2018, welcoming Yugo Nakamura as its director, whose unique forms of expression are highly regarded in web design, interface design and film.
Within the music familiar to our everyday life, is a combination of elements; layers of tone, sonic range and rhythm form a densely designed structure - architecture. There are few opportunities, however, to be conscious of this structure in particular.
Musician Keigo Oyamada (Cornelius) has written a new music with a focus on its structure exclusively for this exhibition; it is interpreted from the varying perspectives of spirited creators into disparate video works. Participating in this exhibition are nine creators who challenge new modes of expression with original sensibilities, by traversing fields of film, animation, dance, graphic design, illustration, programming and media design. Exhibition graphic is designed by Masakazu Kitayama (Help!).
The exhibition tries to construct a type of "audio architecture" by repeating the music paired to various films over and over, in the space dynamically designed by Masamichi Katayama (Wonderwall). Please come and discover a fresh perspective on music in the venue integrating sound, video and space.
- June 29 (Fri) - October 14 (Sun), 2018
- 21_21 DESIGN SIGHT Gallery 1 & 2
- 10:00 - 19:00 (Entrance until 18:30)
- General ¥1,100 / University Students ¥800 / High School Students ¥500 / Junior High School Students and under may enter for free
Click here for more discount information
- Organized by
- 21_21 DESIGN SIGHT, THE MIYAKE ISSEY FOUNDATION
- In association with
- Agency for Cultural Affairs; Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry; MINATO CITY BOARD OF EDUCATION
- Special Sponsor
- Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd.
- Supported by
- Canon Inc., Canon Marketing Japan Inc., YAMAHA MUSIC JAPAN CO., LTD.
- Exhibition Director
- Yugo Nakamura
- Keigo Oyamada (Cornelius)
- Exhibition Space Design
- Masamichi Katayama (Wonderwall)
- Participating Creators
- Tetsuro Inagaki, Hiroaki Umeda, Keita Onishi, Ryo Orikasa, Koichiro Tsujikawa (GLASSLOFT) x Bascule x Kitasenju Design, Kazumasa Teshigawara (Qubibi), Yoriko Mizushiri, UCNV, EUPHRATES (Masaya Ishikawa) + Shun Abe
- Technical Direction
- Yutaka Endo (LUFTZUG)
- Graphic Design
- Masakazu Kitayama (Help!)
- Dominique Chen
- 21_21 DESIGN SIGHT Directors
- Issey Miyake, Taku Satoh, Naoto Fukasawa
- Associate Director
- Noriko Kawakami